incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: An example of what's wrong up with the wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 19:52:36 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> The post was quickly taken down and my account was permanently
> blocked.

Given the posting was clearly an abuse of edit privilege, it sounds like the
current MediaWiki instance is being operated correctly under its current
administration. If you had made a similar edit on Wikipedia, something very
similar would have happened. MediaWiki provides excellent tools to allow a
community to be self-policing without the need for many specially-authorised
roles or elaborate bureaucracy. I hope a future AOOo wiki will be just as
permissive and just as well policed by its (informally-constituted)
community.

S.