incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:14:51 GMT
On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Eike Rathke <ooo@erack.de> wrote:

> Team OOo paid bursaries for individuals that went to OOoCons and
> Hackfest, paid hardware for buildbots and pootle servers, paid students
> for the OOo internship. Do you think that Apache will cover those
> expenses?

It's worth noting that these grants were always made by Team OOo (and indeed
by FrODev) at their sole discretion and without any ability to officially
direct them from the OOo project itself. I find it hard to see how Apache
would be able to unilaterally shut down an independent, complementary
activity like this.

As to Shane's point about referring to some other list; presumably, as in
other instances of this, we'd need to have a proposal formulated before
doing that, and hence the topic is still appropriate here.

S.