incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OOO Test Bugzilla instance
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:54:01 GMT

On Aug 27, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Pavel Janík wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Aug 27, 2011, at 7:14 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I don't understand.  If you can read issues, you can read the email addresses of
those who created the issue, those who are CC on the issue, etc.

> yes, e.g. pjanik@openoffice.org. OK. But you probably can log in with the password mentioned
under username pjanik and see the profile of such user and then you can read his real, non-OOo
mail address, e.g. pavelampersandjanik.cz, which I used to get OOo account. Users provided
their addresses to OOo project under some privacy policy.

> This way, they are effectively published.

Can we conclude that what we've been calling an <id>@openoffice.org email is in fact
openoffice.org user registration?

That these are used to login to www, extensions, templates, and bugzilla? Anything else?

And are these the 455,422 people on http://openoffice.org/people?

Regards,
Dave