incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <>
Subject Re: binfilter (was RE: OOO340 to svn)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:19:01 GMT

Le 3 août 11 à 17:49, Dennis E. Hamilton a écrit :

> I believe LibreOffice is already taking action on binfilter, and it
> would be useful to see if we can match their approach.
> Also, I think there was (again on LibreOffice) a technical
> discussion on simplifying the dependencies.

I did a lot on simplifying the dependencies with OOo4Kids and
OOoLight, but before I need to know what you need to simplify.

About binfilter, there are several issues :

1) the binfilter directory contains duplicated headers. I had a
private discussion about that with Jens Heiner Linkenau, aka ause,
and I can retrieve everything about the exact reasons why.

2) for compatibility reason, and as good compromise
should to continue to provide a way to "open" old format files
(staroffice 5.x for instance), and to propose to save them in a more

3) build binfilter means there are a lot of warnings, and warnings
are error.  I worked a lot on remove warnings on binfilter, and I can
help on this side, if ever (or students can help for sure).

I got other ideas, about simplifying the build, but I'll keep them
for a best moment (too early now)

>   This was initially by having redundancy, with the idea that a
> better refactoring would come later.

I must have missed some mails. What is the current plan ?

Eric Bachard

Education Project:
Projet OOo4Kids :
L'association EducOOo :