incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <er...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:17:23 GMT
Hi Rob,

> I poked around and found this page:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Statistics
>
> This lists some additional roles (with counts)
>
> Administrators (26)
> Bureaucrats (4)
> Editors (20)
> Reviewers (5)
>
> Those are in addition to 35,020 User accounts.
>
> Curiously, it reports only 5 of the 35,020 users as having been active
> in the past 7 days.

I'd say People observe what happens, since the announce, but probably
before ...

To tell you more, I myself was - between 2006 and 2009 - very active
on the OpenOffice.org wiki, initialy thought for developers purpose.

It was a very alive and uggly big bazaar, with a lot of ideas, tries
and experiences. The Mac OS X native port was the best moment of the
OpenOffice.org Community life (before people use the word, thinking
to ''usefull idiots'' instead, to be honest ... ). There was nothing
forced : we tried to organize, as well as possible, but concentrating
on the content, not on the look. As an example, have a look at my
users page, per see the activity it was : http://
wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Ericb

But a day, some people decided to control the OpenOffice.org wiki
(not only the wiki in fact). After that, people like me were upset,
and simply definitily stopped to use it.

It would be great to not redo the same mistakes ...

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--
qɔᴉɹə