incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: How to rebuild types.rdb ?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:27:51 GMT
Hi Mathias,

Le 16 août 11 à 08:34, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

> On 16.08.2011 01:31, eric b wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Doing some performance tests, I just figured out the types.rdb
>> file is a binary file, just provided in the sources.
>>
>> Can someone explain me :
>>
>> - why a binary blob is directly provided in OpenOffice.org sources ?
>> ( OOO320_m1x  for instance, but DEV300 is probably the same)
>
> I think that this is the reference file that is used to check the
> IDL files against incompatible changes.

Thanks to confirm what I had in mind :-)

Does this method to allow "OpenOffice.org growing" only ?  If we
systematicaly compare to an existing but fixed blob, we have no way
to remove useless/no longer needed services ? (but maybe I
misunderstood )

With a cold start, occurs a big and costly I/O read write process.
Searching what seems to cause that, it appears the .rdb files are
good candidates. I can be plain wrong, but I think there are a lot of
services embedded in the interface, who probably could be loaded ...
say somethingl like on demand or at least differently, no ?

>> - how to create a new types.rdb (and what are the mandatory tools) ?
>
> The reference file must not be recreated as it belongs to an older
> version that the current source files are compared against.

Thinking rwice I start to see better, and I can imagine people (say
companies providing services around OOo) playing with IDL files and
introducing some issues, indeed.

In fact I never played too much with idl files (seems to be a simple
interface, that UNO will handle, isn't it ? ), excepted when we added
code for Impress annotation mode, and that's probably the reason why
I ask stupid questions in this domain I don't know well :-)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə