incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [email] openoffice.org email / user transition
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:00:19 GMT
I haven't seen any recent progress on planning the transition for openoffice.org email.

Sooner or later the openoffice.org mail server will be replaced. We have seen that the system
is flakey and has been down for as much as one week in the last month.

(1) Mailing Lists. Maps have been proposed to transition the many mailing lists into fewer
lists.

Do all of these openoffice.org mailing list addresses become aliases for apache.org mailing
list addresses?

What about the subscribers to the mailing lists? Do we need to make them all resubscribe?

(2) openoffice.org registered users.

Should we have a way to maintain openoffice.org email aliases? Who do we do this for?

Do legalities prevent us from retaining the user database?

I have no idea what the best answers are. I do think that the plan does need to be communicated
to places like users@openoffice.org.

Regards,
Dave