incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject [migration][web] Scripted Conversions.
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:30:27 GMT
Yesterday I worked on conversion scripts for the website. They are now in ooo/site/trunk/tools/.

readme.txt
web-list.txt
kenai2website.sh
urlrewrite.sh
urlrewrite.sed
fetch-all-web.sh

The skeleton is now in good shape to handle Kenai based html. A change may be needed to preserve
some PDL license comments. Also the footer may need to be changed for PDL for some pages.
I have focused on two processes to be used on a project by project basis.

(1) kenai2website.sh ${project}

This is used to move a project from Kenai's svn to the correct place in ooo/site/trunk/content/openofficeorg/${project}

A dos2unix is applied to fix some mixed line endings. If there is an AL 2.0 compatible version
of  dos2unix then I'd like to include it.

If the project exists in AOOo then a diff is done to find files that differ. This can be because
they were changed in Kenai. More likely this will be customization that was required. The
why project will require it.

(2) urlrewite.sh ${project}

This applies a sed script to rewrite urls in the html for a project.
s/http:\/\/www.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/www/g
s/http:\/\/download.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/download/g
s/http:\/\/support.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/support/g
s/http:\/\/contributing.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/contributing/g
s/http:\/\/projects.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/projects/g
s/http:\/\/why.openoffice.org/\/openofficeorg\/why/g

Other tools can be applied to find and properly take care of various licenses and copyrights.

The project should consider using Apache RAT at some point when we are ready to check for
AL 2.0 headers as applied.

(3) fetch-all-web.sh - I plan to convert to perform.sh.

It will run another script like kenai2website.sh or urlrewrite.sh for each project in a project
list file like web-list.txt.

Once a project is copied then I recommend local builds until the new project is correct before
checking in the project. Raphael did this live and some intervention was required to clear
the buildbot for the project.

One key part is finding bad url references to images and adding images to content/openofficeorg/
from www.openoffice.org/branding/images/.

Regards,
Dave