incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:29:42 GMT

On Aug 28, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I want to be clear that when I say preserve and support openoffice.org I mean *at* domain
name openoffice.org, whatever infrastructure it is hosted on.

> I don't have a problem with quickly deleting the pages at
> <http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de/> that we would not keep as part
of the Apache site, but I think it is more difficult than taking an axe to some pages and
not others.

> I would expect that one wants to do something harmonious at de.openoffice.org as well,
so the two German Language views are complementary and perhaps cross-referenced.

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de is a subset of  http://de.openoffice.org

It is a subest because Raphael deleted a number of directories.

The plan discussed a month ago is that we will stage our openoffice.org content in our podling
site where we handle license, policy and other issues before we replace openoffice.org hosted
urls.

See email coming about the scripts.

> And we still need to determine how to keep openoffice.org alive as an operating domain.

Let's let the wiki and fora over and the dns re-registered. I'm sure Infra will have a way
they want to do it and then we can determine what to do and create the correct scripts. See
my coming note.

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

involved and how we need to consider some sort of differentiation between the openoffice.org
face to the world and the kind of face to the world from a development project that is more
appropriate on apache.org.  I think both are critical for openoffice.org.

> AFAIR we wanted to bring over the entire website content and then look
> what is OK and can survice. So, what is not Apache compatible we have to
> delete now.
>
> Otherwise we would start with some pages discuss many things and could
> make 1-2 pages per week which wouldn't be very motivating. ;-)
>
>>   3.1 As we find more and more cross-dependencies, I maintain that there is good
cause to preserve and support openoffice.org as the face to (and from) the broader community
of adopters, evangelists/marketers, and institutions/businesses that are engaged with openoffice.org.