incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <>
Subject Re: [downloads] OOo 3.3 can not be downloaded from OOo site
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 22:17:51 GMT

On 8 Aug 2011, at 23:02, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 8/8/2011 2:45 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> That's very worrying. Has some action been taken to decommission the servers
>>> at Oracle, or is there another explanation?  Is there anyone that can advise
>>> us (I realise former Sun Hamburg staff are not in a position to do so)?
>>> S.
>> I hope it's not the start of the end as some services are still working like:
>> Maybe Andrew Rist can help to find an answer?
> No - this is not related to the decommissioning of the servers or the shutdown of any
> I am watching a process attaching to and it seems
to be working fine.

There's been no report of an outage on that system that I have seen.

>  loaded just fine for me.

Nor that.

> is there,

That page gives me a redirect to and
   The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
   You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.

but works from here now.

The actual report was of an outage of and
which I believe are hosted in Hamburg. Are you able to establish the disposition of these

> and (linking through the 'choose a mirror' link)
> downloading from the mirror sites is also working just fine.
> Perhaps this is a cautionary tale that might speak to the conversation on whether to
use the apache mirror infrastructure, as opposed to the existing OOo infrastructure for choosing
a mirror.
> Basically, all previous statements on the continued support of the existing infrastructure
by Oracle remain in effect.
> The plan is to coordinate and communicate the cut over of the hosting of all of the
services/sub-domains in an orderly fashion.

Naturally that's reassuring. Not all outage reports are an accusation of bad faith though

> That plan is moving forward with the help of many on this list.
> Andrew
>> Marcus

View raw message