incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:40:40 GMT
Idle curiosity: I wonder how many people who offer support do it in both places: mailing list
and forum, or more or exclusively in one or the other.

Personal observation (not intended as a generalization): my preferences vary with whether
I'm a consumer or a provider of support services. As a consumer, I generally prefer a forum,
but as a provider I prefer an email list. Perhaps I'm just weird, or set in my ways... :-)

--Jean

On 24/08/2011, at 6:04, "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> I can understand Rob's arguement that we have to split ourself to give support for mailing
list(s) and forum in parallel. However, I believe that it would be an advantage when the normal,
average user has a choice where to go to get an answer.

> Marcus
>
> Am 08/23/2011 09:50 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>> +1
>>
>> There is no one-size fits all here.  We should have the list and the forum. They
are not redundant.  Some people will use both.