incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Donated hardware (was: Mac buildbot)
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:52:58 GMT

On 4 Aug 2011, at 14:49, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>>
>> This raises an interesting question. I'm aware of other hardware that was donated
to the project (such as the Pootle server) which presumably should be transferred to Apache
since it was not Oracle's property. Do we know where this equipment is? Where would Apache
host such systems?

> At the moment, all we have is a Software Grant.  While we could chose
> to go back and ask for me (and likely will when it comes to other
> source files that we determine we might need), I see nothing that
> indicates that we have a need to request the transfer of hardware.

While that is true of the hardware Oracle has used for the project (which is the vast majority
of the hardware in use), you should consider these messages from Florian and I as a clear
indication that we need to request information on the disposition of specific hardware loaned
or donated to the project.

S.