incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Apache project community and external community
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:17:23 GMT
While I've been doing my best to ignore this thread, I have failed. My apologies.

On 31 Aug 2011, at 18:04, Rob Weir wrote:

> It comes down to this in the end:  It is easier to complain than to do
> something about it.  Novell complained about how OOo was run for
> around 5 years before they split off to LibreOffice.

Some may find your brief statement unclear. In the interests of clarity and good relationships:
Novell did not start LibreOffice. They started Go-OO, which was a downstream and partial fork
of OOo. When LibreOffice was started by a variety of community members, Novell ended Go-OO,
donated the relevant parts of the work to LibreOffice and directed their staff to join its
community.

Regards

Simon