incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:10:40 GMT
Hi Florian,

Le 16 août 11 à 11:42, Florian Effenberger a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> eric b wrote on 2011-08-16 08:47:
>> educoo.us and educoo.de are .. I'd say not correctly maintained
>> (because owned by pro-LO people). As you understood, my concern is
>> EducOO.it  : Marina Latini does a fantastic work and helps us a lot.
>
> now this strikes me.
>
> The German association Freies Office Deutschland e.V.
> (www.frodev.org), which supports LibreOffice as well as
> OpenOffice.org,
> verified by the latest board decision, hosts that domain name for
> you. It takes care of the infrastructure and pays the fees.

I know that.

> If you don't intend to use that domain any longer, please let us
> know, then I will delete it.

The fact is, educoo.de has never seen anything written.  If somebody
wants to maintain educoo.de, he will be warmly welcome.

> I consider it unfair to first ask us to host it, and then
> afterwards say you won't use it, because we host it.

Please don't get me wrong : it is not used, because _nobody_
maintains it, not because we do not want to maintain it :-)

And at the end, we have several possibilities:  either it is
unmaintained intentionaly, or people ignore we exist.  Did you invite
someone to be our voice in Germany ? If you did, maybe you could
redo, just in case ... ?

Regards,
Eric

--