incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: End-User versus Developer Software
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:32:24 GMT
Hi,

Le 21 août 11 à 21:14, Manfred A. Reiter a écrit :

>> for each required local group
>> (i. e. with german you cover Germany, Austria and parts of
>> Switzerland,
>> but you need for portuguese you nedd a pt-pt and a pt-br)
>>
>> 1. one list for coordination
>> 2. one list for user-support
>>
>> you can call any ot them whatever you like, but I would
>> strongly recommend to keep "internal business" separate from the
>> users.
>>

> and these TWO lists should be created
> 1. only on request and
> 2. if there are at least two moderators

Looks a good idea. But to find moderators, we must post to this list,
and initiate the debate, explain everything.

This is not even possible at the moment with fr lists, because of the
automatic spamming ...

That's the reason why my initial request was to see my rights granted
(temporarly, why not): we currently can't even send a mail to the
existing mailing list, without cause an avalanche of spam.

Causing a terribly bad image of OpenOffice.org. And more we wait,
worse it is.

Of course, after removing the guilty email (and or control a bit what
happens, remove other possible spams), it will become possible to
initiate the debate and why not go in the direction Rob explained.
I'm confident they are volunteers to continue to moderate, and
maintain those lists (not me, I prefer the code), but we are not yet
there.

Regards,
Eric Bachard

--