incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Bugzilla vs JIRA (was: <id>
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:59:53 GMT

On Aug 23, 2011, at 12:50 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I personally prefer JIRA, but it was the first one where I saw issue tracking work well
in a group setting.
> I don't like bugzilla that much.
> I think bugzilla is the answer here because the e-mail addresses of the existing reports
have hard-coded e-mail address in them.
> There are some other issues though.  What Apache has is a single big JIRA and, AFAIK,
a single big bugzilla, just like it has a single big SVN.  How we migrate into either one
of those is a puzzle.

There is also a separate Bugzilla for SpamAssassin.

There is precedence in Apache for a project to be separate - if we can support it.

(I also prefer JIRA ... but I am not ideological about it)

> - Dennis

View raw message