incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to handle the downloads?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 17:29:53 GMT

On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 08/02/2011 06:05 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

page looks like as long as
appropriate mirror site is

the download page to
Once that is done
the way you want it.

But

site in the Apache CMS and we need to do some experimental conversions. Let's mix in with
our Incubator site two initial projects - www and download - as subdirectories so we can get
started with headers and footers and modifying the CMS build to handle the OOo site pages
from Kenai.

>>> OK, no problem to migratethe webpages into the incubator project. Tehn we can
"play" a bit with the content to see how it behaves.

multiple sites in Apache. We'll need to discuss the publishing of the openoffice domains using
the Apache CMS with Infrastructure.

>>> +1
>>
>> I have committed the download project to the AOOo svn. No headers and footers yet,
but it is now available for "play"

>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html
>>
>> To get headers and footers a template is needed and the view.pm will need adjustment.
>>
>> See http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html#directory_layout
>
> The nice CSS styling was was done somehow "bekind" the Kenai framework. Not that easy
to find all that stuff and to re-implement the basics. But let's see...

> Thanks for your fast commit. :-)

Look at the source for http://download.openoffice.org/

<link href="http://asset-1.openoffice.org/stylesheets/base_packaged.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <link href="http://asset-3.openoffice.org/branding/kenai/stylesheets/colorAndMedia.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="http://asset-1.openoffice.org/branding/kenai/stylesheets/layout.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link rel="alternate" href="http://planet.services.openoffice.org/atom.xml" title="" type="application/atom+xml"
/>
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/branding/kenai/images/favicon.ico"
/>
<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/branding/kenai/images/favicon.ico" />
<!--[if IE 7]>
<link href="http://asset-1.openoffice.org/stylesheets/ie7_packaged.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 6]>
<link href="http://asset-2.openoffice.org/stylesheets/iex60.css?20110603.e655cfe" media="screen"
rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> <![endif]-->
<link href="http://asset-3.openoffice.org/stylesheets/print_packaged.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="print" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="http://asset-1.openoffice.org/javascripts/head_packaged.js?20110603.e655cfe"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
stLight.options({
publisher:'bcd30425-1749-43d6-a311-18a82f89771a',
});
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var page={"token":"183437604f280187f21b52dcd23a8e2006840891"};
//]]>
</script>
<link href="http://asset-2.openoffice.org/branding/kenai/stylesheets/style.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="http://asset-0.openoffice.org/branding/kenai/stylesheets/style_kenai.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="http://asset-2.openoffice.org/branding/kenai/stylesheets/print.css?20110603.e655cfe"
media="print" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Somewhat daunting,

It would be nice to come up with as few stylesheets as possible - as each file causes a latency
impact on loading a page

Regards,
Dave