incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [www] Website must display disclaimer text
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 20:02:25 GMT

On Aug 21, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Just committed a website update and was about to stage.
>>
>> Does this need to be on our footer or on a separate page linked to from the footer?
>>

> Looking at some other podling websites, the pattern appears to be to
> add it at the bottom of the home page, not as a footer on every page.

I put the disclaimer in the footer for all pages. Here is a summary of what is changed on
the site:

1. Header is now aligned, the words "(incubating)" appear after the logo, and
the Apache Incubator logo is on the top right.

2. Footer is on the bottom left. There are now links
    Disclaimer added.
    Contact Us link - contact.mdtext - new page
    Terms of Use link - terms.mdtext - new page - Drew's text, needs formatting.

3. CSS id tags changed and ooohtml.css is merged into ooo.css

I don't see a problem with it on every page. It will actually help us with conversion of the
www.openoffice.org pages.

Now to put my computer to rest  for today!

Regards,
Dave