incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Managing mailing lists (spams issues on fr mailing list)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:15:31 GMT
Hi Dave,

Le 19 août 11 à 19:57, Dave Fisher a écrit :

> On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:39 AM, eric b wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When sending a mail on the french mailing lists, we receive in
>> return lot os spams.  One of them is : service-clients@sc.sfr.fr,
>> but I know there are other.
>>
>> What is scheduled about http://fr.openoffice.org  ( a sub-domain
>> of OpenOffice.org ), and the existing mailing lists ?
>
> There has been some discussion of hosting the source of the website
> at the equivalent of http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/fr
>
> fr.openoffice.org would redirect to www.openoffice.org/fr or the
> eventual OOo TLP - perhaps openoffice.apache.org/fr
>
> What do you think?

A redirection would be perfect, and the URL makes sense, too

+1 from me.

> About the ML - there was some discussion in late June about having
> a single NL user list. Does this make sense? Or, would you need a
> few more?

I think the fr project is an important one, has a bunch of mailing
lists, and has a lot of subscribers.

But 15 lists is too much, indeed :)  After several years of practice,
I can say the most important are

- users (help, bugs detection, announces)
- discuss ( everything else)
- prog : the API, Basic , Python ..and so on

dev in fr was never used for development, and can wait ( ooo-dev is
perfect )

The educ one is an anomaly, and would be better in the Education
project.

So, a first wish could be : keep the 3 mentionned above at the
beginning.

The next issue is to find volunteers : once the spam issue fixed,
I'll ask for volunteers, and with the feedback, I'll be able to give
you an answer :)

> Naturally we would need moderators and some oversight by the PPMC.

Yes. Who can apply ? Preferably french people, I suppose ?

> Similar for other Level 1 language projects.

Sure !

>> Waiting, is it possible to authorize me to manage a bit ? (and
>> remove some spammers ?)  There is nobody to maintain the site, and
>> it is urgent to start some maintainance.
>
> Is there anyone here who could grant Eric karma?

Thanks in advance :-)

Regards,
Eric

--