incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Community outreach to openoffice.org visitors?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:17:36 GMT

On 3 Aug 2011, at 20:29, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> (Taking the opportunity to Refactor a new thread on OpenOffice.org)
>
> Are there any short term plans to update the main landing pages of the existing OpenOffice.org
website(s) to provide user awareness of the transition of the product and project to Apache?

> I don't know 1) how long it will take to actually get this transitioned, and 2) how hard
it is to update the Oracle-hosted sites, but I think it would be really useful to have a few
blurbs about the future plans of Apache OpenOffice get put on the existing OpenOffice.org
site sooner rather than later.

> The blog feed on the homepage is nice, but not enough.
>
> Or is this too much for the moment?

It would also be helpful to explain to visitors realistically when they are likely to see
a new release for their platform and what alternatives to waiting exist.

S.