incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:46:47 GMT
The changes are good at showing where we are as developers.

The unfortunate point is that users@openoffice.org is still a functional list with several
posts in a day and the change is hiding that list.

Until there is ooo-users@i.a.o we shouldn't hide users@ooo.

Does anyone think we should wait to create ooo-users?

Regards,
Dave

On Aug 22, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 08/23/2011 12:50 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> Sorry, for the support area I haven't write access. However, it would be sufficient
to delete the "Users Mail List" row and to keep the "General OOo Mail Lists" row as it points
already to the modified webpage.

>> We are acting a little quickly.
>
> Really? ;-)
have lost a lot of users/posts.

>> Shouldn't we have an ooo-users@incubator.apache.org before we delete the Users Mail
List on the OOo site?

> The data is still there. It's just the collected link list that is no longer present/visible.

>>> Is there something else that needs to be changed? Normally it should be fine
already. ;-)

>> The old version is carefully hidden here [3]
>>
>> [3] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/mail_list.html
>>
>> Until we move the users@ooo list I think that needs to be added back to [2] and then
[2] checked into to [3].

> But until this all isn't live it won't help to bring over the possible new dev's. I think
it's OK to start now to point to the new mailing list(s).