incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:08:02 GMT
IMO, any ordinary user who stumbled upon this list (ooo-dev) would be frightened away immediately.
This list is totally unsuitable for user support.

--Jean

On 23/08/2011, at 19:02, "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Wasn't there consensus to wait for new mailing lists until there is really a need to
split up the things?

> When we would follow this way, then we have to wait until the messages on ooo-dev@ from
normal users grow up too much.

> Otherwise we would create a mailing list for (currently) nobody. ;-)
>
> Marcus
>

> Am 08/23/2011 01:46 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> The changes are good at showing where we are as developers.
>>
>> The unfortunate point is that users@openoffice.org is still a functional list with
several posts in a day and the change is hiding that list.

>> Until there is ooo-users@i.a.o we shouldn't hide users@ooo.
>>
>> Does anyone think we should wait to create ooo-users?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave

I've

be sufficient to delete the "Users Mail List" row and to keep the "General OOo Mail Lists"
row as it points already to the modified webpage.

>>> Really? ;-)
old MLs have lost a lot of users/posts.

Users Mail List on the OOo site?

>>> The data is still there. It's just the collected link list that is no longer
present/visible.

and then [2] checked into to [3].

>>> But until this all isn't live it won't help to bring over the possible new dev's.
I think it's OK to start now to point to the new mailing list(s).

[4]