incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: A point on the OOo code
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:36:06 GMT
Hi Michael,

Le 19 août 11 à 12:36, Michael Stahl a écrit :

> On 19.08.2011 08:21, eric b wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> My starting point was : I'm used to the OOo source code, but I do not
>> know how to retrieve an old cws. In fact, I don't know at all what
>> do ..
>>
>> We suppose that I currently got an hg blob, containing until
>> DEV300_m93
>> (which is sufficient for my needs / tests). Add that I know how to
>> extract a milestone, compile it, and create diffs.
>>

>> Q1 : is it possible to explain a dummy like me :
>>
>> - how to download the current code (the OOo milestone we'll take as
>> starting point), using svn (only the instruction with the right
>> URL is
>> ok for me)
>>
>> Note : even if the tree is not complete, but what is the command, or
>> what will be the command ?
>
> don't know (AFAIK code is not yet imported?)

I followed the instructions I found : http://incubator.apache.org/
openofficeorg/source.html

It is written svn co ... ooo

Well, this command line indeed dowloads an ooo directory (change the
name if you want another one), but at the end, there are only several
scripts + some ext files inside :

truc:~/Desktop/ooo/tools/dev ericb$ ls
cws-list.txt            fetch-all-web.sh        single-hg.sh
fetch-all-cws.sh        kenai2website.sh        web-list.txt

cws-lists.txt contains a list of child workspaces.

There is no sb111 inside, so does it mean it was already integrated ?
fetch-all-cws.sh does probably download existing cws mentionned in
the cws-list.txt file.

Now, I'm maybe wondering about the OOO340 tree, but it does not exist
yet ?

>> Q2 : how to connect the hg code to the svn one ?
>
> what do you mean by "connect"?

Link ? Means, use one DEV300 milestone extracted form the hg blob,
the svn one, and check for diffs changes ..and so on ?

> how to migrate the not-yet-integrated code in CWSes?

Yes, e.g.

>> Q3 : how to retrieve an old cws and extract the diff ? I read the
>> wiki,
>> and found nothing usefull on the mercurial side, and be able to
>> retrieve
>> something in the history is essential.
>
> i always do something like "hg log | less" and then search for the
> CWS name; the first commit that is found is usually the merge
> commit that integrates the CWS into the master.
>
> you can get all the changes that were made in the CWS by doing a
> "hg diff" of this commit against the parent that corresponds to the
> master (in almost all cases this is the first parent).
>
> for example for sb111 the integration merge is 019ac597e5e0.

Impotant information, thanks a lot !

BTW:  where is Opengrok ( http://svn.service.openoffice.org/
opengrok ? ) And what happened to http://hg.services.openoffice.org ?

We'll need a new Opengrok too.

> the -c option to diff uses the first parent as base revision, so
> you can get all of the changes introduced by the CWS by "hg diff -c
> 019ac597e5e0".

I'll try to extract the whole changeset (I did that zillion of times
previously)

> if it's the second parent then i guess you would need something
> like "hg diff -r $second_parent_id -r $child_id".

Ok.

> if you want to see the individual commits that were introduced by
> the CWS then it's a bit more complicated; at OOo we have always
> used the convention to put the CWS name into the commit message, so
> the easiest way is to just search in the log for the CWS name, that
> should find all commits.

Ineed, should be enough (imho)

> there are also GUI tools that make this kind of thing more
> convenient; i've only used "hgview" so far, it's a bit slow on our
> big repo and eats lots of RAM but it is very useful.
> http://www.logilab.org/project/hgview

Interesting : I'll give it a try too :-)

Thank you very much for the all very good information you provided me !

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Education Project: