incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Bergmann <stephan.bergmann.second...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to rebuild types.rdb ?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:51:20 GMT
On Aug 18, 2011, at 9:05 AM, eric b wrote:
> Le 17 août 11 à 20:20, Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
>> On Aug 16, 2011, at 9:27 AM, eric b wrote:
>>> With a cold start, occurs a big and costly I/O read write process. Searching
what seems to cause that, it appears the .rdb files are good candidates. I can be plain wrong,
but I think there are a lot of services embedded in the interface, who probably could be loaded
... say somethingl like on demand or at least differently, no ?

>> Reading a few large files during startup is typically faster overall than reading
information in small chunks, on demand.  (That's why I changed the configmgr's .xcs/.xcu files,
combining them into a handful of large .xcd files, for example.)

> I think I'll implement this in OOoLight, OOo4Kids. Two goals : understand, document and
be able to explain people learning OOo source code, and continue to analyze the perf improvement.

> Do you remember the name of the cws ?  I'd like to study the diffs.   Of course, we could
discuss about that on IRC too (more easy for me too).

The configmgr reimplementation, incl. combining the data files to a few big ones, was done
in CWS sb111, see <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Performance/Configuration>.

I'll try to be on #dev.openoffice.org next week, but can't promise.

See you,
-Stephan