incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <ter...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DNS A records for *.openoffice.org have been deleted
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 22:24:41 GMT
It looks like this was more of a brown-out than a total service loss.
I've just got off the phone to Andrew Rist, and apparently the Oracle
networking team have moved the oo.o A and MX records from a
soon-to-retired Hamburg DNS server to one of Oracle core DNS servers.
This meant that in some EU regions the old (public) Hg DNS vanished
before the cascade from the new one in the US was picked up.   Anyway,
it looks like the ripple is complete.

We might get similar stutters when the DNS gets moved from o.c to a.o in
a few weeks time.

But thanks to Andrew for chasing this up for me.

Regards
Terry