incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [ooo-user] was RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:00:05 GMT
Hi, Manfred, *

On 8/31/2011 14:51, Manfred A. Reiter wrote:
> 2011/8/31 Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>:
>> Something else to think about for the ooo-users list: file attachments.
>>

> The experience with the german OOo-users list have shown
> that attachments should be banned. Today it is not an art piece
> to save a file in net and refer to a link to it.
>
> If the user of de-users didn't know how to do it, they were helped.
>
> [...]
>
> M.

While I agree that attachments should be stripped, I'd appreciate it if
you would post a little of that "help" for saving a file on the net. The
best I can do, occasionally helping users, is to have them send the file
directly to me. But that means that no one else can pick up on the
problem and work on it. I suspect that other helpers would like this
information, too.
--
/tj/