incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Get lazy consensus on to recommend that the trademark permission be granted to BHV publishing GmbH
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 02:02:11 GMT
Great discussions, thanks all.

On 8/30/2011 8:46 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
> Hi Eike,
>
> Am 31.08.2011 00:09, schrieb Eike Rathke:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> On Tuesday, 2011-08-30 22:58:38 +0800, Peter Junge wrote:
>>
>>> [1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/OpenOfficeSkribble.jpg
>>
>> This uses the old logo with black Open and gulls and blue Office.org
>> (though I think I understand why), it should use the new logo instead.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention this. I already pointed BHV on this issue and
> the final version of their package will use the current logo.

Indeed, they do need to use the current versions.

>> There should be some material at
>> http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo_brand.html but the entire
>> openoffice.org site currently doesn't respond for me so I couldn't look
>> it up. A fixed size version of the logo can be seen at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de/
>
> I have an SVG and a EPS version of the logo on my hard disk.
> Unfortunately, they were never made publicly available. If someone can
> point me on what to do with them, I would be happy to getting them
> online. Don't know if there's any copyright issue related to it.

Oracle has transferred the marks and logos to the ASF, so unless there's
some reason that the original author didn't intend for the logo to be
used for the project, then I suggest finding a suitable place in SVN
(perhaps on the website), and just checking them in.

- Shane