incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:55:38 GMT
Hi Rob,

On 08/30/2011 03:24 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> We're blessed to have experienced OOo hackers on the list who have
> already jumped on the new code repository and started making
> improvements.
>
> But I see we have 214 people subscribed to the mailing list, including
> many who were not previously working on OOo code.  This is great.
> Growing the community to bring in new developers is key to the success
> of the project.
>
> Do any of you want to get an AOOo dev environment set up, so you can
> build OpenOffice?  If so, please respond to this note, and state what
> operating system you are interested in building on.

My dev system is currently Fedora 14 x86_64

I have VirtualBox on a server that I can spin up anything free that can
run as a guest. Downside is ram is limited to 1GB on the guest until the
memory upgrade in 2 weeks then no issue.

I'd be glad to help setup some dev images if needed.

> Based on this information, we can have a discussion on how best to get
> you up to speed, whether via Q&A on this list, via IRC chat, a phone
> conference or maybe even a virtual machine image.
>

> -Rob

Effort availability is evenings and weekends.

Regards,
Carl