incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Commit messages
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:34:30 GMT
Some projects do this by convention within the committers, using various
tags within the log message to denote bug number, reporter, original
source, test id, whatever.  But it's up to each project to implement a
policy for this at the community level.

There's a useful set of commentary on this kind of question here:

Note also that SVN allows committers to update log messages after the
fact, so you can always add new annotations later if needed.

- Shane

On 8/28/2011 4:03 PM, Pavel Janík wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know if Apache has some proposed syntax of commit messages (and don't have time
to dig around it on the web), but I'd like to see commit log/messages containing the number
of fixed issue referenced and no commit messages without that number.