incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal]After the code is checked in to SVN
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:32:30 GMT
Am 29.08.2011 17:13, schrieb Michael Stahl:

> On 29.08.2011 15:27, Rob Weir wrote:
>> I sent this note out a week ago.  We discussed and generally agreed to
>> this proposal.  I certainly did not see any objections. But this plan
>> appears to have been generally ignored.
>>
>> In particular, we now have unrelated changes intermingled with the
>> addition of missing files from Hg.  This means that there is no
>> revision in SVN that is identical to the Hg tip. This is unfortunate.
>> It will make some approaches to merging more difficult.
>
> indeed.  oops.
>
> unfortunately your proposal contained more items than i could remember :-/
>
> but i guess we can take the initial import as the base revision, there
> shouldn't be that many changes to the dozen or so missing files.

I agree, the few missing files are not expected to change a lot in the
cws. So I didn't complain when the patches came in and instead enjoyed
the progress we are making.

>> Let's review this list again, and try better to coordinate going
>> forward.  If anyone has improvements on the list, please feel free to
>> comment.  But's let get on the same page.
>
> for the most part the items 2 to 5 can be done in parallel, right?
>
> guess item 6 also (restricted to CWSes with target 3.4)

I'm not sure what you mean by "doing item 6 in parallel", but in any
case we should wait with cws integration until items 1-5 are done.

We have done item 1 with the exception of the two files in writerfilter
I couldn't commit due to the file name problem I posted, and we already
have started to work on items 3 and 5. item 4 is something that will be
done in passing, I assume.

Regards,
Mathias