incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject EPM
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:16:03 GMT
Moin,

we need EPM to build packages on Linux. As we don't want to keep EPM in
our repository, we have to use an EPM installed in the system. According
to the documentation on their website and several other sites using EPM
does not influence the license of the software that is packed, though
EMP itself is licenses under GPL.

So EPM can be seen as a build tool like the compiler or linker and IMHO
that means that we can continue to use it for creating our packages. I
asked about that here already, but without an echo.

I committed a patch that enables EPM as installed in the system. Of
course that makes EPM a build requirement.

Regards,
Mathias