incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <ter...@apache.org>
Subject Re: User support: beyond forums or lists
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:57:42 GMT
Hummmnnn.  On our forums alone we have been averaging over 4 times this
rate of posts for years, and because we actively encourage users  to
pick up related threads, we have 5.3 posts per topic. And the discounts
the 10x plus Google driven browsing of previous answers.   Unanswered
posts run at 6.2% which is a bit higher at we would like, but many of
these "unanswered" posts are announcements and volunteer-submitted
examples so the true rate is probably under 5%.  Are you suggesting that
we should *degrade* our current commitment and forums to this "high"
standard?  ;-)

//Terry