incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Ellison <ter...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ooo-wiki going offline
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:30:14 GMT
I've now finished the upgrade to add the Apache Traffic Server front end
to the community MediaWiki service at http://ooo-wiki.apache.org/ and
the service is back online.

We need to do some further tuning of the system cache optimisation, but
even with the first-cut settings that I prepared on my own test-bed VM,
the system already looks as if it it is hitting the performance targets
needed to sustain a full production transaction rate.  It certainly
feels extremely snappy compared to the existing OOo community wiki or
the Apache cwiki, and the Google pagespeed benchmarks are significantly
better than both of these systems. So:

    * We are good to go for production migration of the community wiki.
    * We are the first Apache project adopter of another Apache project,
      Apache Traffic Server (ATS)
    * We have laid the foundation for an ATS template for MediaWiki
      hosting that can be used to promote the use of ATS for the wider
      MediaWiki systems community.

It's been a hard few days work, and still some finishing to do, but my
thanks to the Infrstructure and ATS guys that have supported me in
making this happen.

Regards Terry