incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 01:28:32 GMT
Gavin McDonald wrote:

>> From: Marcus (OOo) [mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de]

>> Maybe, but they are still not subscribed. So the moderator has to let the
>> posts through; again and again until the user is subscribed.
>
> ew,, no that does not have to happen at all.
>
> the moderator can do a reply-all , choose the -accept and the -allow
> addresses
> then hit send. (of the moderation email).
>> From then on, no more moderation of that user using that email address.
>
> No need to repeatedly let the same user in.
>
> Gav...

The OOo user and discuss list use to have the "Delivered-to" contain
"moderator" and it was easy to see when a message was from a person that
was not subscribed to the list, the way that Apache does it.  When the
mail system changed that was removed so the person trying to reply did
not know if the OP was subscribed or not.  I prefer having the ability
to know so that I can CC; the OP.  It makes it easier for those trying
to help.

Andy