incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg@public.gmane.org
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:55:32 GMT
On 23.08.2011 11:33, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Why not? This was the intention from the beginning on. We agreed that we
> don't want to create new mailing lists when no posts are expected.
>
> So, let's see how many users ask for support here. When the number gets
> tooo high we can create a new users@ mailing list and add this on the
> old OOo website.

You are cheating. :-)

No users will appear on this list - why should they? They have not been
asked to post here and asking them to post here doesn't make sense anway.

So the measure "we need a new list when there is demand on the dev-list"
can't be applied here.

I would be fine with dropping end user mail support completely if the
"regulars" of the current ooo user list(s) agreed to that (at least a
majority) and if we had enough people that give support in the web forum
we might want to use instead.

Regards,
Mathias