incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [email] RE: [Discuss] ASF hosted openoffice.org email service [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:48:46 GMT
On 8/21/2011 1:09 PM, RGB ES wrote:
...snip...

> I also think that the problem with existing mailing list is more
> profound than the "to aliases or not to aliases": we cannot ask all
> the contributors on all OOo related mailing lists to come here if not
> for other reason because of the language. For instance, very valuable
> persons on both, the Spanish and Italian forums will never be able to
> survive to 60+ *full English* mails a day.
> Cheers
> Ricardo

Note that IMO a careful selection of language specific lists for users
and user support is something I think would be good to continue to
maintain.  The language issue for users (not developers as much) is
important, and supporting that is something that a number of other
Apache projects do implement.

But for developer focused lists and other lists where the community
actually works on the project; in that case, I would tend to having a
single list instead of per-language lists.  Each time you separate lists
for regular contributors (people who actually work on
code/docs/extensions, etc.), you separate the community to a degree.

Just my suggestions to think about

- Shane