incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject <id>@openoffice.org
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:32:04 GMT
Watching the discussions here I have a question.

How hard would it be to find out which forwarding addresses are in
active use, last six months, last year?

Seems to me if an address is "active' then it should be maintained for
that user as that is where some contacts expect to find that person.  I
have one of those addresses and in the last year I may have received two
or three messages, all spam, so I do not need the address or really want
it.  As has been indicated it was given when I initially registered
OO.o.  I think I have received two or three actual messages with that
address and that was over two years ago when I signed up for the
Marketing Project.  I see no need to maintain address forwarding for
addresses that are not used but do feel that those that use them should
have them maintained for the benefit of the community.  It seems that
most of us agree that no new address should be assigned.

My 2cents.
Andy