incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:58:42 GMT
Hi, Dave
On 8/19/2011 13:48, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2011, at 10:30 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:

[snip]
>> The foobar@openoffice.org mail addresses OTOH should be preserved. They
>> are only forwarding addresses now and they can be kept that way, can't they?
>
> Not sure about it. There are considerations.
>
> (1) How do we get the forwarding data from Oracle? Is it legal to transfer the list,
or is it required?

> (2) Will the ASF host this forwarding on the normal apache.org mail servers
>
> (3) Who on the OOO PPMC will handle the daily administration of these forwarders as individual
email addresses change?

> Regards,
> Dave

For (1) and (3): the addresses are part of the account with OO.o. The
forwarding address is the user's registered (verified) email address for
the account. Accordingly, the info will be transferred with the account
data, and is administered (for changes) by the user.

(2) Can't really say if ASF can/will forward. Why not?
--
/tj/