incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:30:50 GMT
On 19.08.2011 19:25, Dave Fisher wrote:

>>> So why wouldn't we want to shut down that list?
>>
>> Why are you asking when you want to do it anyway? ;-)
>>
>>> dev@openoffice.org is getting 20 spam per day.  I'm a moderator on
>>> ooo-dev and we see maybe 1 spam every 2 weeks.
>>
>> I said I see up to 20 spam mails on the other both ML. I don't know how much we get
on dev@ooo.

>>> Real posts at dev@openoffice.org are infrequent and are not getting
>>> responded to.   But ooo-dev is clearly where the thriving dev
>>> discussion is occurring.
>>>
>>> Aren't these good reasons to consolidate the dev discussion in one
>>> place? Is there any advantage to have it be fragmented across two
>>> lists, especially if one list is mainly getting spam?
>>
>> If so, it would be the same reason to shutdown also other mailing lists. So, we could
do it will all.

>> As Mathias said, the shutdown will happen anyway. No need to force it.
>
> At some point in the near future the ASF will take over the DNS for openoffice.org.
>
> Once that occurs we must do some type of managed change over of the openoffice.org email
to whatever we want.

> What do we want?

What do you mean?

The old OOo project mailing lists don't make sense in the new setup and
they should be closed. The more I think about that, the more I like the
idea to close the existing mailing lists soon.

The foobar@openoffice.org mail addresses OTOH should be preserved. They
are only forwarding addresses now and they can be kept that way, can't they?

Regards,
Mathias