incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: [Discussion]
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:59:45 GMT

On 08/19/2011 06:37 AM, Andy Brown wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>> As my preceding forwards indicate, we're getting some interesting
>> posts to, including offers of help, but they are
>> not getting adequate responses. We're missing opportunities here to
>> grow the project.
>> Is there anything we can do to improve this?
>> 1) Continue as now, and I'll forward "interesting" posts to ooo-dev?
>> 2) Send a note to telling them that we've moved
>> over to ooo-dev and inviting them to join?
>> 3) Auto-responder for telling them that we've moved
>> over to ooo-dev?
>> 4) Shut down to new posts?
> I liked the one reply that was sent to someone offering to help:
> "I think your best bet to help participate in Open Office is now at the
> Apache Development. Apache should be the new owner of the Open Office
> Source code and is now working very hard at porting it into their
> system. The source in now in their "incubator". This is usually a
> temporary 6 month stay until officially accepted.
> Every thing you should need to know about helping to participate with
> the project is located at:
> If no one objects I will monitor the list and reply with something like
> the above and point people to the AOOo with page.

SUPER! Good idea Andy and nice that you volunteered for this important
assignment. This transition is likely to take a while and we don't want
to discourage new developers in this interim.

> Andy

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero

View raw message