incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:20:24 GMT
On 19.08.2011 14:48, Rob Weir wrote:

> As my preceding forwards indicate, we're getting some interesting
> posts to dev@openoffice.org, including offers of help, but they are
> not getting adequate responses.  We're missing opportunities here to
> grow the project.
>
> Is there anything we can do to improve this?
>
> 1) Continue as now, and I'll forward "interesting" posts to ooo-dev?

Doesn't work well in the long run.

> 2) Send a note to dev@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
> over to ooo-dev and inviting them to join?

we should reply to each mail individually at dev@ooo as not all people
posting there (especially the newbies) are subscribed, but sending a
general note is a good idea anyway. I will send one.

> 3) Auto-responder for dev@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
> over to ooo-dev?

No, as a moderator for some of the OOo lists I can tell you that most
posts are spam, and replying to spam isn't a good idea.

> 4) Shut down dev@openoffice.org to new posts?

No, not now. Later it will happen anyway.

Regards,
Mathias