incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ingrid von der Mehden <>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:43:46 GMT
Am 18.08.2011 18:27, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
> On 18.08.2011 17:17, Rob Weir wrote:

>> 2) Do we have the basic directory structure right? (Could fix that
>> later, but easier to get it right initially)
> The structure is fine and AFAIK reflects the consensus, just the names
> "main" and "extras" are debatable. We will have an "extras" module in
> the "main" repo, perhaps we can find a better name for that part. But
> that can be changed easily post import.

If we want to change the 'outer' directory names, lets change them now.
It is difficult enough for people to learn all the new things and find
the way to the code. So let us not make it more complicated by changing
the main repository path more often than necessary.

For the two 'extras' directories I would favor to move as much stuff as
possible from the inner 'extras' to the outer 'extras'. If that is not
possible lets rename the inner one. Looking at the deliver list we seem
to have wordbooks and fonts here. All the gallery content and the
templates are here also even with localization! I doubt that most of
this is really needed for the typical day to day coding. It's more
design related stuff. So moving this out of 'main' would be a benefit.
But that move can be done later. When we do that I would like to
consider moving module helpcontent2 to the outer extras directory also.

I haven't looked so deeply into the new build system and the packaging
so far. Would it be possible to build a minimal office install set with
or without the outer 'extras' directory dependent on its existence? Or
is it necessary to define some environment variables?

Kind regards,

View raw message