incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: openoffice.org domains transferred to ASF
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:50:34 GMT
Dave Fisher wrote:

> Some have no dns or the DNS is non-functional
>   openoffice2009.com
>   openoffice-gratuit.com
>   openoffice-pt.com
>   openoffice-pl.com
>   openoffice-nl.com
>   openoffice-fr.com
>   openoffice09fr.com
>
> Have these Authoritative servers.
>      NS63.1AND1.ES
>      NS64.1AND1.ES
>
> openoffice2009.com expires tomorrow, others of the above are soon.

At least two of these where done to prevent fraud with the OOo brand.  I
know that the 2009 site was reported several times for misrepresenting
as an official OOo site.  I believe that the 09fr site was as well.  My
understanding is the it was easier to buy the domain from the owners
than take it to court or ICAN to resolve.  If I am wrong someone in the
know please correct me.

Andy