incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [www] OOo Website Conversion
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:53:05 GMT

On 08/16/2011 09:02 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2011, at 8:38 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>> Dave--
>>
>> One quick question since you seem to be on a roll here! :)
>>
>> I guess I was thinking we would (for the time being) use the existing
>> sidenav on ALL pages...can you get that to load into your test "download"
>> area along with the headers/footers AND what you ported over to "www"
>> (currently not linked).
>
> Some of these pages in download and www do not fit well with side nav.

well...OK. I only suggested this since really I don't feel the need to
continue the same style (with the tab navigation) for the incubator
project, but we need SOME way to provide navigation to other areas of
the incubator project.

We could always change the "body" styling in some way so we do a
consistent sidenav for all pages. Thoughts on this.

> I'll think about how to make sidenav optional with a default of being on.
>
> I think we need breadcrumbs and a high level top nav.

hmmm... OK

> I plan to look at contributing, support and development as the next projects

OK. Really you're doing a LOT here. I had intended to start bringing
stuff over as well , but wanted to work on a more coprehensive migration
plan first.

This being said, I'm pretty sure we'll want to move all the "accepted"
projects (except for "infrastructure") as they are. I'll take a look at
what you're doing via svn and see if I can help in any way.

> Regards,
> Dave

MzK

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero