incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ingrid von der Mehden <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:29:29 GMT
Am 16.08.2011 19:04, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Ingrid von der Mehden
> <IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de>  wrote:
>> Am 16.08.2011 16:21, schrieb Rob Weir:

>>> Note what we already have in SVN:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/
>>>
>>> We're mixing site files, and source in the same repository.
>>>
>>> I wonder if we want a "src" directory that is a sibling of "site".
>>> And then "main" and "extras" under that?
>>>

>> I just searched through the different Apache projects and the scheme as we
>> have it is quite common:
>>
>> 'Apache Project'/site
>> 'Apache Project'/trunk
>> 'Apache Project'/branches
>> 'Apache Project'/tags
>>
>> Those directories can be found very often. I think it is not too bad to stay
>> with the common scheme. This makes it easier to switch between projects for
>> all Apache committers.
>>
>> ------
>>
>> If we instead choose to have a src directory next to site, I would vote to
>> put trunk, branches and tags into it. All the different code lines are all
>> src, they belong together. So we would have:
>>
>> ooo/site
>> ooo/src/trunk/main
>> ooo/src/trunk/extras
>> ooo/src/branches
>> ooo/src/tags
>>
>> This will lead to an additional directory in the path. But the logical
>> grouping is cleaner. A pitfall might be that some people might expect only
>> source code in a directory called src and not things like help content or
>> translation.
>>
>> So I still prefer:
>> ooo/trunk/main --- all the OOO340 stuff
>> ooo/trunk/extras/l10n -- all the language stuff
>>

> OK.  I'll do that for the the next run.  This will be Linux, with your
> directory structure.   Should be ready in 3 hours or so.

Cool, thanks a lot!
My svn repository from the previous dump file is still in load process,
so I haven't seen the concrete structure in l10n so far.
Is there a directory duplication l10n/l10n?

I think it should be sufficient if we technically import the l10n
repository directly into the extras directory. This should then lead to
pathes like this:
ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/source
and not
ooo/trunk/extras/l10n/l10n/source