incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ingrid von der Mehden <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:02:03 GMT
Am 15.08.2011 18:46, schrieb Rob Weir:
[...]
> ooo/trunk/core --- all the OOO340 stuff
> ooo/trunk/l10n -- all the language stuff

Actually I would suggest to name the directory 'main' instead of 'core'.
The term 'core' is used already in several modules within the OOo source
code, where it does imply that this is something without user interface
(more the model part in MVC pattern). So using the term 'core' for the
whole office (including user interface) is misleading and could create
confusion.

I would also put the l10n stuff into a further directory. Those people
who have no idea what l10n might be, could benefit from a simpler name
'extras'. This makes the first browsing experience in the source code
less frightening.

So I would suggest:
ooo/trunk/main --- all the OOO340 stuff
ooo/trunk/extras/l10n -- all the language stuff

The full proposal was here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201108.mbox/%3C4E3D07B7.8080101@gmx-topmail.de%3E

Kind regards,
Ingrid