incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:54:30 GMT
Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:27:29 +0200, Ingrid von der Mehden
> <IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
>> Am 15.08.2011 21:13, schrieb Pedro F. Giffuni:
>>> --- On Mon, 8/15/11, Rob Weir<apache@robweir.com> wrote:
>> [..]
>>>
>>> Please do the directory rearrangement in SVN. I have no
>>> objection to moving stuff but if it's possible to match
>>> the old history later on, having these changes out of SVN
>>> won't help.
>>>

>> On 'old' OOo there are currently already two separate hg
>> repositories. No directory move within either of them was proposed.
>> Only a target directory for each repository needs to be selected. I
>> don't see how this should affect any history mapping later.
>>

> Ah .. It's OK then. (sorry as I'm mostly new to the codebase)
>
> Is there some development plan after the intial repo is done or
> can committers start making massive changes (merging branches,
> adding ports, etc ..) right away?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pedro.

The first thing that has to be done is to see if we do a build to make
sure that we received all the files.  The next step then is to see what
can be changed to AL2 license and which files will have to be replaced
with AL2 licensed files.  In the second step builds will have to be done
to make sure that nothing is broken in the process.

At least that is my understanding.

Andy
(non-coder)