incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [www] OOo Website Conversion
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:17:31 GMT

On 08/13/2011 09:58 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have modified the template process.
>
> For html files the head and body content are extracted and then
> placed into the template.

super!

> The wrapping is good. There is still work to do with getting to a
> single version of the css and javascript.

I'm not sure what you mean by this??? Do you mean trying to incorporate
the .css file in download w/ the .css in content/openofficeorg/css?

Or...do you mean a referencing problem? That is -- it seems the top area
for the web site is

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/content/openofficeorg/

Does this mean *all* styles should reside in --

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/site/trunk/content/openofficeorg/css

Really I don't know what you mean by your statement.

> What is notable it that http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www
> and http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download are now
> connected and have good layout and function.
>
> Next step it work on the footer.
>
> On Aug 9, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>

>> On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:22 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>>> When you look at
>>> "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html"
>>> the sidenav is not really turned off. It's just without content
>>> but the indent still remains. Is that what you wanted? If so, the
>>> space is IMHO too much wasted as you can especially see here:
>>> "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/other.html"
>
> Taken care of.
>
> <snip>
>

>>> And also here
>>> "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/index.html" we
>>> still have a bit to do. :-P
>>
>> We do have a lot to do. It is not always a direct path and I am
>> learning a lot! We will need to make some choices about page
>> layouts. Where do we want to have the different types of pages? How
>> much is special and how much fits a "cookie cutter" model?
>
> Getting close here as well.
>
> Regards, Dave
>

>>> Thanks a lot for unifying the styles. :-)
>>
>> It is very much my pleasure!
>>
>> I am looking forward to your ideas.
>>
>> Regards, Dave
>>

>>> Marcus

good! this needs regular updating as we iron out issues...I'll take a look

MzK

"Those who love deeply never grow old;
  they may die of old age, but they die young."
                         -- Sir Arthur Pinero