incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Brown <a...@the-martin-byrd.net>
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:22:47 GMT
Simon Phipps wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Eike Rathke<ooo@erack.de>  wrote:
>

>> Team OOo paid bursaries for individuals that went to OOoCons and
>> Hackfest, paid hardware for buildbots and pootle servers, paid students
>> for the OOo internship. Do you think that Apache will cover those
>> expenses?
>>

> It's worth noting that these grants were always made by Team OOo (and indeed
> by FrODev) at their sole discretion and without any ability to officially
> direct them from the OOo project itself. I find it hard to see how Apache
> would be able to unilaterally shut down an independent, complementary
> activity like this.
>
> As to Shane's point about referring to some other list; presumably, as in
> other instances of this, we'd need to have a proposal formulated before
> doing that, and hence the topic is still appropriate here.
>
> S.

Seems to me there are two options open.

1) The grants are made to Apache with no strings attached.

2) The businesses stop receiving donations for OpenOffice.org.

For either someone that has worked with the organizations that is a
member here needs to contact them and see what they can/ are willing to do.

Andy