incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:08:19 GMT
Whoa, let's all take a brief pause and tone down the instant disagreements.

Seriously.  This will wait for a day or two.

Plus, heated discussions over who did what where and when are... not
very useful.  Rob's made a change which is something of an improvement
by updating the mailing-lists.html page.  No need to yell for a revert!
Better yet, work together to figure out what else to do that helps, or
best of all, figure out a better way to do the same thing, and then
update various sites to match.

This is not a zero sum topic.  Personally, I think the most useful
solution would be:

- an open wiki where a folksonomy can grow and have discussion, and lead
to some obvious suggestions for later inclusion in...

- a public-facing official webpage that directly introduces the world to
our mailing lists and the expected behavior on them

- Shane, looking forward to beautiful weather for a beach picnic tonight